Sherando Lake Fishing
- Cost around $20/person which includes campsite
fee, meals, bait and supplies.
campground Rangers are quick to mention that this includes hot showers!
- Anyone 16 years of age or older will need a fishing license &
National Forest Stamp; so we'll probably add a few dollars to the fee to
partially reimburse the adults & older Scouts for this expense.
are two excellent lakes for fishing--one within walking distance of the
campsite.So campers can walk to the upper lake to fish as often as they
- Outing is organized by Anonymous Patrol.
- Leaving from Stone Chapel (at the Church of
the Incarnation) at 5:30 p.m. on Friday May 13,
- Return to Incarnation Church/Stone Chapel
around 11:30 a.m. on Sunday May 15, 2008
- Sleeping Bag
- Pack/duffle bag
- Water Bottle
- Boots/extra shoes
- Mess Kit
- Friday Box Dinner & Drink
- Season appropriate clothing for cold nights
- extra clothing
- Prescription meds
- Scout Handbook
- Fishing Pole
- Light weights
- Tackle Box (optional)
- No fishing license needed for scouts age 15 or
- Adults & older scouts (16 & up) who
fish or help with fishing will need the following:
- Virginia Fishing License
- US Forest Fishing Stamp
- Trout Stamp
- Take I-64 West over Afton Mountain
- Take Exit 96/Lyndhurst
- Left at end of ramp onto Route 624
- Route 624 turns into Routes 424 & 664.
Follow these routes for about 10 miles
- Turn right at Sherando Lake/US Forest Entrance
- Follow camp roud several miles past mail lake
& family campsites. Follow signs to Group Camping Area at very back of
campground. You may have to ask for directions. Do not pay any entrance fee;
advise you are part of a group camping
- The Group Camping area is a large field with
loop road. Drive around the loop road until you see us. There should be a
double portable tarp over several picnic tables marking our site. Unload
gear and park at paved lot at area entrance. If you arrive Saturday and find
the camp empty, we will probably be fishing at the Upper Lake which is a
short walk away. Look for a trail sign or ask for help.